Author Notes: Partridgeberries are a late summer berry in Newfoundland, but are frozen for year round us. Their bright tartness is delicious in this simple muffin recipe, and they freeze well to boot! - SugarnStuff
- 2.25 cups all purpose flour
- 1.25 cups white sugar
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 0.5 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1.5 cups partridgeberries
- 0.24 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by greasing, or as I did, using parchment muffin liners.
- Combine first of dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, milk and orange zest. Mix in dry ingredients, then stir in partridgeberries. Spoon batter into liners.
- Make crumb topping by stirring together flour and sugar, and using a pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbs form. Sprinkle over top of filled muffin cups.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Baking time will depend on how large you make the muffins (I made them large!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe