If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Partridgeberries are a late summer berry in Newfoundland, but are frozen for year round us. Their bright tartness is delicious in this simple muffin recipe, and they freeze well to boot! - SugarnStuff
- 2.25 cups all purpose flour
- 1.25 cups white sugar
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 0.5 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1.5 cups partridgeberries
- 0.24 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by greasing, or as I did, using parchment muffin liners.
- Combine first of dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, milk and orange zest. Mix in dry ingredients, then stir in partridgeberries. Spoon batter into liners.
- Make crumb topping by stirring together flour and sugar, and using a pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbs form. Sprinkle over top of filled muffin cups.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Baking time will depend on how large you make the muffins (I made them large!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
Essential Tools for Your Office Kitchen
10 things for happy desk lunches.
Essential Office Kitchen Tools
An updated heirloom applesauce cake.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.