If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has all of the satisfaction and comfort of hot cereal, sans heat, which makes it perfect for summer. Feel free to get creative with toppings and mix-ins! —Gena Hamshaw
- 2 cups raw buckwheat groats, soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Place the buckwheat groats in a food processor and pulse a few times to break down. add the almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla bean, flax, and sea salt, and process till the mixture has a smooth consistency (but with some texture remaining).
- Pulse in the coconut and adjust seasonings. Divide porridge into four bowls and serve, topped with fresh berries, chopped nuts, or sliced bananas.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Z Is for Zucchini
Learning to love the summer squash
Show zucchini some love.
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's time to travel.
It's all about the sauce.