Author Notes: This recipe has all of the satisfaction and comfort of hot cereal, sans heat, which makes it perfect for summer. Feel free to get creative with toppings and mix-ins! - Gena Hamshaw
- 2 cups raw buckwheat groats, soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Place the buckwheat groats in a food processor and pulse a few times to break down. add the almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla bean, flax, and sea salt, and process till the mixture has a smooth consistency (but with some texture remaining).
- Pulse in the coconut and adjust seasonings. Divide porridge into four bowls and serve, topped with fresh berries, chopped nuts, or sliced bananas.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!