If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: OAT-BALLS CAN BE A GREAT TREAT OR SNACK ON THE GO.
They can also be made into flat cookies or square bars. This is a gluten-free and vegan recipe. - Jeanette Bronée, Path for Life
Makes 15-20 oat balls
- 1 cup hazelnut flour
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, choose gluten free if you are celiac
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 pinches sea-salt
- 1/3 cup un-toasted sesame oil or safflower oil
- 1/2 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- optional: add some chunks of baking chocolate, dried fruit, or shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the wet and mix it all up.
- Make balls by rolling them in your hand, about the size shown in the picture (2 ounces) and either keep them that way or flatten them out to really look like a cookie.
- Bake for about 15 min.
- Enjoy one with nice cup of green tea or bring one along for a treat on the go.
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.