If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Barely steamed, crisp asparagus in a tangy vinaigrette is popular with kids and adults. I make this dish for a pot luck or if I need to have some things prepared ahead of time for a party. Rarely is there any left, though it keeps well. —nannydeb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- salt and coursley ground black pepper
- Whisk together olive oil, both vinegars, lemon juice, garlic and basil. Pour into a shallow dish and set aside.
- Steam asparagus for 1-2 minutes or until bright green, but still crisp.
- Shock the asparagus in ice water to stop it from cooking anymore. Drain.
- Place the asparagus in the shallow dish and add sun dried tomatoes. Pour the vinaigrette over and salt and pepper to taste. Toss it around a bit to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.