Author Notes: Barely steamed, crisp asparagus in a tangy vinaigrette is popular with kids and adults. I make this dish for a pot luck or if I need to have some things prepared ahead of time for a party. Rarely is there any left, though it keeps well. - nannydeb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- salt and coursley ground black pepper
- Whisk together olive oil, both vinegars, lemon juice, garlic and basil. Pour into a shallow dish and set aside.
- Steam asparagus for 1-2 minutes or until bright green, but still crisp.
- Shock the asparagus in ice water to stop it from cooking anymore. Drain.
- Place the asparagus in the shallow dish and add sun dried tomatoes. Pour the vinaigrette over and salt and pepper to taste. Toss it around a bit to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe