If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 8 ears corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs -- you should get about 8 cups. Reserve 1 cup, then place the other 7 cups in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Combine the puréed corn with the remaining cup of reserved kernels in a medium saucepan with butter. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer polenta over medium heat until it's thick and the corn kernels are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While the polenta cooks, toss together tomatoes and the basil in a medium bowl, then season with salt and pepper. Pit and peel the avocados, then cut them into quarters. Divide the polenta among four serving bowls and top with avocado and tomato salad. Drizzle each serving with oil and vinegar.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Meet Amanda Sims
Our home and design editor who loves to cook—and pickle juice popsicles
Meet the editors: Amanda Sims.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
To refrigerate or not refrigerate?
We give it 8 tentacles up.