If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On a recent trip to Australia, I was delighted to discover that smashed avocado on toast is standard breakfast fare there. This recipe was inspired by my favorite version of this dish, which I encountered at a sidewalk cafe in Sydney. It also makes a great base for fried eggs! —Food in Durham
Food52 Review: Yum. You can't really go wrong here. All of these things are delicious, especially when put together. It's straightforward, delicious, and only takes 5 minutes. Use a large avocado since a little one wouldn't be enough for 4 slices of bread. All in all, an easy and tasty recipe! —Stephanie Bourgeois
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 4 slices crusty sourdough bread
- Use a fork to smash the avocado to a chunky paste. Add lemon, mint, and salt and mix until evenly distributed.
- Gently stir in feta, then add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread and spread avocado mixture on the warm toast. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.