If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making mashed sweet potatoes, and the parsnips add a nice bit of spiciness. I cube and roast everything in the oven first to add an extra layer of earthiness, and the crunchy pecan topping offers a fabulous contrast in texture to the creamy mash. Note: I use soy milk because I am lactose intolerant, but you could also use real milk or cream. - RellaBellaK
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 + 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 pound parsnips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cook oats
- 1/2 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- Peel sweet potatoes and parsnips and cut into large chunks, place in large baking pan, and drizzle with oil.
- Bake in 400 degree oven 35 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered until veggies are tender.
- Place sweet potato & parsnip chunks in a large bowl and blend until very smooth (I like to use an immersion blender, but you could also do this in a food processor).
- Stir in soy milk, honey, lemon, cinnamon and salt. Pour sweet potato mixture into 9x13 inch greased baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over mash. Return to oven and bake 10-15 minutes until topping is crispy and mash is slightly browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes