If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Asian-style roasted cashews made with soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha and topped with lime zest. They're an easy to make and very addicting vegan snack! —Emily | Truefood
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Zest of a lime
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. In a small mixing bowl combine oil, agave, hot sauce, and soy sauce. In larger bowl toss the cashews and seeds with the oil mixture until well coated.
- Pour the cashew mixture onto a large baking sheet in an even layer. Place into the preheated oven and allow to roast until golden, about 10-15 minutes. Watch carefully and stir once or twice part way through, as they can easily burn.
- Remove from the oven and dump onto a cool flat surface, such as a paper grocery bag or clean cloth towel. Sprinkle with the lime zest and allow to cool slightly before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to a week… if you don’t eat them up sooner!