If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go-to cold fish dish. It involves slipping leftover grilled, smoked, or Asian glazed fish inside summer rolls that swap out rice paper in favor of crisp fresh greens like rainbow chard or mustard greens and roll the fish up inside with lightly pickled vegetables. —cheese1227
Makes 12 rolls
For the rolls
- 12 long chives
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 radishes, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 6 to 12 ounces leftover fish (such as Whole Roasted Fish, Ginger Soy Glazed Salmon, Grilled Swordfish, Hot Smoked Salmon, or Spicy Shrimp, all on Food52)
- 12 large greens leaves (bok choy, Swiss chard, collards, mustard greens)
- Handful of cilantro leaves
For the dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- A bit of hot sauce and grated ginger to taste
- 1 teaspoon sliced scallions
- Place the chives in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Leave for 10 seconds and drain. Set the blanched chives aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and coat them with oil. Cook them over high heat – without stirring them – until one side of the mushrooms caramelizes. Remove mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Stir together the rice vinegar, sugar, carrots, and radishes.
- Take one leaf and cut off any large part of the stem. Press your finger along the remaining part of the leaf’s rib to relax it. Lay the leaf flat. In the bottom middle of the leaf, place a tablespoon of fish. Top that with a few mushrooms and some carrot/radish pickle. Top with a few cilantro leaves.
- Fold in the sides of the leaf over the top of the filling and roll it up away from you. Secure each wrap with a blanched chive.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve with the rolls.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).