If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple fried rice made with leftover brown rice and carrots (but almost any vegetable would work well.) - Erin (Naturally Ella)
Serves 1 to 2
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro, for serving
- In a large skillet set over low heat, heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Stir in the onion and red pepper, cooking until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add diced carrots and continue to cook for another 5 to 6 minutes, until carrots are slightly soft. Stir in brown rice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and mirin, cooking for 2 to 3 more minutes to fry the rice.
- Create a large well in the center of the rice and add remaining tablespoon of peanut oil. Whisk the eggs in a bowl, then pour them into the well. Cook the eggs, stirring occasionally, until set, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds, then serve hot with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.
Do you haiku?