If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love finding fun ways to eat eggs for every meal, and a hearty skillet meal is my go-to. —Erin (Naturally Ella)
Serves 1 to 2
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced or stewed tomatoes with juices
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 2 eggs
- In an 8-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add minced onion and cook until soft and fragrant, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chipotle powder, and salt, then cook until warm, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, add brown rice and cilantro, cooking for an additional 2 minutes. Create a well in the center of the mixture and crack in both eggs. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let cook until the egg whites are set and the yolk is at desired consistency, roughly 6 to 7 minutes for over-easy and 10 to 11 for over-hard. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
You Haven't Thai'd This
Thai iced tea is great, but this dessert is better
You haven't thai'd this before.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Italian soda is can-do.
A better basket.