If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple on ingredients but not on flavor, these patties are one of my favorite ways to use up leftover brown rice. - Erin (Naturally Ella)
Makes 8 to 10 patties
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole grain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup pecan meal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- Pesto, homemade or store-bought
- Preheat oven to 425° F and cover a baking tray with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine brown rice, bread crumbs, pecan meal, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, and oregano. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Pour the eggs into the brown rice mixture and stir until well combined. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Wet your hands and scoop out mixture into roughly golf-ball size spheres. Compact the balls and place on the baking tray. Press down with the palm of your hand to form a patty, packing down any loose rice pieces. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake patties for 15 minutes, flip, and return to oven for another 10 to 15 minutes. Patties should be lightly golden and crisp on the outside. Serve brown rice patties with a drizzle of homemade or store-bought pesto.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.