If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Loaded potatoes are one of my favorite meals, and this brown rice, chickpea, and pecan crumble adds a great, filling addition. - Erin (Naturally Ella)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 potato, baked
- Cilantro, for serving
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cooked brown rice, pecans, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pulse a few times until mixture comes together and resembles coarsely ground meal.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add mixture to the pan (if you're using a pan that sticks, add a little olive oil). Stirring occasionally, heat the mixture until fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the barbecue sauce, starting with 1 to 2 tablespoons and adding more as you like. Or alternatively, use the barbecue sauce as a drizzle.
- To serve, cut the baked potato in half lengthwise and mash each half to create a boat. Spoon the crumble mixture over, drizzle with barbecue sauce, and finish with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!