If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Make grocery store style lofthouse sugar cookies with no refrigeration necessary. —iHeartRuthie
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 5 cups Cake Flour (Sifted)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Poweder
- Step 1: Cream your butter (softened to room temperature), shortening, and sugar all together.
- Step 2: Add in your almond extract , vanilla and egg. Mix together evenly and until the batter is a creamy off-white color.
- Step 3: Slowly add in your sifted cake flour. Make sure to only add ½ cup to 1 cup at a time. Your mixture will turn out beautifully once all combined. Add in your 2 tsp of baking powder once you’re done adding cake flour.
- Roll out dough on floured surface and use cookie cutters make cookies. Place on pan to bake. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Monte Cristo: the Sandwich Hybrid of Your Dreams
French toast and ham and cheese? Yes, please
Monte Cristo: a breakfast-lunch hybrid.
The new Food52 office.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.