If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend Ann arrived this weekend with a couple of pecks of Pennsylvania peaches so this recipes involves making a quick peach pepper jam as the base of this glaze. If you have a peach pepper jam that you already love, substitute 1/4 cup in place of my jam in this recipe. - cheese1227
- 2 whole peaches, peeled, pits removed, and mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced serrano chiles
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon good bourbon
- 2 to 4 tablespoons warm water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 1-pound, skin-on Arctic char fillets
- Combine mashed peaches, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in chiles. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes more, until the jam is thickened. Stir in butter and bourbon. Thin the glaze with warm water to the consistency of cold maple syrup. Season it with salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Position one rack in the top half of the oven. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and oil the foil. Place fish skin side down on the sheet. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Bake fish for 12 minutes. Remove it from the oven and use a pastry brush to apply a thin coating of glaze over the top of the fish.
- Turn on the broiler, and broil fish for 2 minutes to brown the tops of the fillets. Take the fish out of the oven, and apply a second coating of glaze.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.