If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A grilled stonefruit salad for the summer: explosively juicy, still-hot peaches and apricots meet abstemious kale, with feta and prosciutto on the edge of the conversation. - Nicholas Day
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed
- 4 apricots, halved
- 4 peaches, halved
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced.
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the grill. While it warms up, tear or chop the kale leaves into bite-size pieces and place those in a large salad bowl. Add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil and massage the kale, kneading it for a minute or so until it softens. Whisk together the remaining olive oil and the lemon juice, adjusting to your taste. Set the dressing aside. Tear or cut the prosciutto into smaller pieces and set those aside too.
- When the grill is reasonably but not overwhelming hot, brush the apricots and peaches very lightly with a neutral oil and grill, cut side down, until deeply caramelized.
- When the fruit is grilled, toss the kale with the prepared dressing and then crumble the feta on top. Add the prosciutto and then the still-hot peaches and apricots, letting their juices seep down into the kale. (If there are any extra juices on the plate you put them on after grilling, add those too.) Eat with crusty bread.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls