If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 ears of corn
- 8 mini tortillas
- 1 heaping cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 small summer squash or zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick rounds
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Tomatillo salsa (homemade or store-bought), for serving
- To grill corn: Use a grill if you are a lucky bastard with a grill, also if so I’m coming over. For the rest of us, turn the burners on a gas stove up to medium and place the corn directly on the grate or coils. The ears will pop as they cook. Don’t be scared of this. I set the fire alarm off all the time, but this particular action has never done that. Using tongs, rotate the corn periodically until it is evenly brown and awesome, and then remove from heat. When cool enough to handle, slice kernels off the cob.
- Place a tortilla in a pan over medium heat. Cover with pepper jack and corn, and then sliced zucchini arranged in a flat-ish layer. Add an additional small sprinkling of pepper jack and a few cracks of pepper. Spread about an ounce of goat cheese on a second tortilla, and then flip it to top the first one. Press them together to melt, and flip after a few minutes of cooking. Cook for an additional two minutes on the reverse side, then remove from heat, slice, and serve with salsa. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!