If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This incredibly simple Asian stir-fry brings out the sweet, nutty flavor of amaranth with a kick of ginger and fish sauce. It's a big hit as a side dish at Chef Phet's Laotian restaurant Khe Yo (www.kheyo.com) in New York City. For a one pot meal at home, we add ground beef and white corn kernels and serve it over steamed rice. —tama matsuoka wong
- 6 cups amaranth leaves and stems, clipped from the top 3 inches of the young plant
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, or enough to coat the bottom of a wok or pan
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Put a pan or wok over high heat and add the oil.
- Add the ginger and let it sizzle until lightly brown.
- Next, add the amaranth and drizzle it with the fish sauce.
- Stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it turns a deep green.
- Remove it from the heat and serve.
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.