If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Clean, crunchy, and sweet, this is the best no-cook summer salad you'll come across. -- Go nowhere near the fire -- just toss and serve. You'll feel refreshed and full after a big bowl of this raw veggie dish. - CrepesofWrath
- 2 to 3 ears sweet corn (I used red corn)
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 to 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the kernels off of the ears of corn and place them in a bowl. Use a peeler to remove the outer layer of skin from the asparagus, then, holding the asparagus firmly on your work surface, peel away thin layers of it until you reach the white inner stalk. Next, flip it over and do the other side. Place all of the peeled asparagus layers in the bowl with the corn.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil, lemon juice, scallions, salt, and pepper. Taste, adjust seasonings as necessary, and serve. This can be made ahead of time and kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.