If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love New England apple pie with sharp cheddar cheese melted on top ... I was thinking about porridge and thinking about pie and I says to myself - SELF, why not both? And so here it is! —aargersi
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup grated extra sharp Vermont cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup (preferable grade B)
- a drizzle of cream
- Bring the cider to a boil and stir in the oats and the Chinese 5 spice. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- While the oats are simmering - peel, core and dice the apple. After about 15 minutes, stir the apple into the oats.
- Simmer and stir until the oats are done, about a half an hour total. Serve into two bowls and top each with a tbs. of maple syrup and 1/4 C of the cheese. You might pop it in the microwave for just a few seconds to help the cheese melt.
- drizzle a bit of cream over and enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Porridge
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.