If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious warm and hearty stew.
It can be served hot or even cold on top of a crusty loaf, as tapas.
It can be made ahead and frozen to be reheated on a chilly evening. - Millie | Add A Little
Serves 2 as a main
- 400 grams chickpeas (1 tin, drained and rinsed)
- 1 small white onion
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 courgette, cut into half moons
- 1 bunch spinach
- 400 milliliters tomato passata
- dashes water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch paprika
- Saute the onions in extra virgin olive oil until softened and translucent.
- Add the carrots and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the chickpeas and courgette and stir around so they are coated in the herb and spice mixture.
- Add the tomato passata and water and simmer for about 20 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Just before serving, add the spinach and let it wilt in the heat of the stew.
- You can serve it as it is with a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil, or with couscous or bread on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup