If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Note to self: don't buy strawberries in the middle of winter. But if you do, and you realize too late they're lacking in sweet strawberry tasty goodness, make this jam. The sugar and lemon juice perform their magic on the berries, and you end up with this wonderful jam. Store in refrigerator. - mrslarkin
Makes about 3 cups
- about 2 pounds strawberries, washed, dried, quartered
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon creme de cassis (optional)
- In a medium pot, heat strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to boiling. Continue stirring and boil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until jam thickens.
- Remove from heat. If desired, skim off foam - I stir it right back into the jam. Stir in creme de cassis and let mixture cool slightly.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.