Author Notes: Actually best served hot, this is a real chicken flavored dish. The tapioco doesn't do much for flavor but it has a very different texture. The final addition of cilantro whipped cream makes it really cool! (sorry , I can't post a pic of my final result...my computor died) - dymnyno
Serves about 6
- 2 chicken breasts (minced)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 large fennel bulb (med chop)
- 1/2 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (ground)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the minced chicken, chicken stock, chopped fennel bulb and the tapioca in a large pot and cook for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Add the cumin and the cayenne pepper.
- Taste and salt.
- PUT the heavy cream and the cilantro in a blender and pulse until the cilantro is finely chopped and blended into the cream and the cream becomes a heavy whip(careful not to make cilantro butter)
- TO SERVE: Put a cup of tapioca chicken gruel in each bowl. ADD a large dollop of cilantro whipped cream. SPRINKLE with a little cilantro.