If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In Portugal we use to buy this cakes at the bakery, but here in the US we make our own. They taste exactly the same, and make a wonderful snack and appetizer.
- 1 medium diced onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound of extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 dash of pepper
- 1 1 package of puff pastry sheets thawed (we like Pepperidge Farm -- you can find it on the frozen food section)
- cilantro (as much as you like)
- In a large skillet (medium heat), put the olive oil, onion, garlic. Let it cook until the onion is golden and soft. Add the beef, salt and pepper and let it fry for a few minutes in high-medium heat. As soon as the beef loses its pink/red color, add the lemon juice and bring the heat to a medium-low. Leave it cooking, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Let the meat cool off.
- Next, take the puff pastry sheets and cut them into rectangle-shaped pieces (each sheet can be cut into 4-5 rectangles). Put a teaspoon-full of the meat on one of the sides of the the rectangle. Then take the other side and fold it over. This makes one tiny cake. Keep doing making the cakes until you run out of pastry.
- Put the cakes in the oven for the amount of time it says on the puff pastry package (12-17 minutes).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.