If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After being snowed in for a week (no exaggeration) I was hankering for a baked good- specifically a banana nut muffin, except I can't bake! So I looked around my kitchen and decided to do something with the lonely overripe banana sitting on my counter. This oatmeal tastes like a muffin to me, but leaves you feeling full and satisfied... and no crumbs! - DCfoodgrl
Serves 1 or 2 small servings
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- pinches salt
- very ripe banana
- 1/8 cup brown sugar (more or less to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- drizzle of honey
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- dashes nutmeg
- handfuls walnuts
- Add milk to a pot and just before it boils, add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla.
- Once the milk begins to boil, toss in the oats and cook on medium heat for about 5-6 minutes or until the oatmeal looks ready.
- Turn off heat and add very thin slices of the banana, brown sugar and the butter. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour oatmeal in a bowl and sprinkle with a handful of walnuts and drizzle with honey.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.