Author Notes: After being snowed in for a week (no exaggeration) I was hankering for a baked good- specifically a banana nut muffin, except I can't bake! So I looked around my kitchen and decided to do something with the lonely overripe banana sitting on my counter. This oatmeal tastes like a muffin to me, but leaves you feeling full and satisfied... and no crumbs! - DCfoodgrl
Serves 1 or 2 small servings
- 3/4 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- pinches salt
- very ripe banana
- 1/8 cup brown sugar (more or less to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- drizzle of honey
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- dashes nutmeg
- handfuls walnuts
- Add milk to a pot and just before it boils, add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla.
- Once the milk begins to boil, toss in the oats and cook on medium heat for about 5-6 minutes or until the oatmeal looks ready.
- Turn off heat and add very thin slices of the banana, brown sugar and the butter. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour oatmeal in a bowl and sprinkle with a handful of walnuts and drizzle with honey.