Author Notes: This was our Super Bowl dip instead of the Mexican seven layer dip. Ooops, my dip only has six layers... - nannydeb
Serves several snackers
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 anchovy filets
- 2 tablespoons basil oil or pesto
- 1/2 cup roasted tomatoes, chopped (I roasted roma tomatoes in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons calamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan
- toasted baguette slices
- Drain the cannellini beans, reserving the liquid.
- Puree the beans, garlic and anchovy in the food processor, adding the reserved liquid as needed.
- Pour the pureed beans onto a deep serving plate.
- Top the beans with the basil oil (swirling it in), roasted tomatoes, olives, pine nuts and parmesan.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack