Author Notes: I’m missing summer vegetables so much, I had enough of the cabbages, roots and other heavy stuff. What I do like, and what they are selling a lot still are carrots, not again the heavy winter carrots but the small sweet carrots which you can eat as candy just like that.I got hooked on the combination carrot with cumin seeds, it’s so good that I made two different recipes with it. They are both pretty easy and relatively fast to make. - Janneke Verheij
- 6 young carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bruised cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon bruised coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- pepper and salt
- Bring a pan with salted water to a boil. Clean the carrots and blanche them in the water for a couple of minutes. They should be almost done but still have a bite.
- Put all the spices with the oil, vinegar and honey in a skillet; warm it and mix it together. Now add the carrots and glaze them in the mixture for a couple of minutes. After you blanched them, don’t wait to transfer them to your skillet but move right away so the carrot can absorb the taste of the sweet, sour and spices well.