Author Notes: I tasted a pumpkin bread pudding at a dinner party and had to recreate it. My pumpkin bread pudding recipe is a variation of a recipe from epicurious.com that i took and added and subtracted my own little twists. ** This bread pudding is also great with walnuts in it. - brooklyn 'd'
- 1 can solid packed pumpkin (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg plus 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 5 cups day old or crusty baguette (cubed)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- handfuls (or more) Raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in the middle of the oven
- Whisk together pumpkin, cream, milk, sugar, eggs and yolk, spices, salt, and melted butter in a medium or large mixing bowl.
- Mix the bread in with the pumpkin mixture and then add raisins (as many as you would like). Put this bread mixture into an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle some more cinnamon on top (just a little bit). Bake until custard is set. About 35 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)