If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tasted a pumpkin bread pudding at a dinner party and had to recreate it. My pumpkin bread pudding recipe is a variation of a recipe from epicurious.com that i took and added and subtracted my own little twists. ** This bread pudding is also great with walnuts in it. - brooklyn 'd'
- 1 can solid packed pumpkin (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg plus 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 5 cups day old or crusty baguette (cubed)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- handfuls (or more) Raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in the middle of the oven
- Whisk together pumpkin, cream, milk, sugar, eggs and yolk, spices, salt, and melted butter in a medium or large mixing bowl.
- Mix the bread in with the pumpkin mixture and then add raisins (as many as you would like). Put this bread mixture into an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle some more cinnamon on top (just a little bit). Bake until custard is set. About 35 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)