Author Notes: Aftering attending a friends brunch I was inspired by her croissant egg, ham and cheese sandwhiches, mainly by the croissant as I didn't use them much. I began to purchase this buttery bread more often but soon realized they molded rather quicky. Due to this problem I was lead to use them for more than just sandwhiches and this croissant pudding was created! - JennT1981
- 4 croissants, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place croissant pieces in a greased 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine milk, eggs, orange zest and juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, dark chocolate chips and salt; mix well.
- Pour mix over croissant pieces pressing down on bread to ensure complete soaking.
- Bake about 45 minutes, until fluffy and just golden on top. Let cool slightly. Cut into desired pieces and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)