If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Aftering attending a friends brunch I was inspired by her croissant egg, ham and cheese sandwhiches, mainly by the croissant as I didn't use them much. I began to purchase this buttery bread more often but soon realized they molded rather quicky. Due to this problem I was lead to use them for more than just sandwhiches and this croissant pudding was created! —JennT1981
- 4 croissants, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place croissant pieces in a greased 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine milk, eggs, orange zest and juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, dark chocolate chips and salt; mix well.
- Pour mix over croissant pieces pressing down on bread to ensure complete soaking.
- Bake about 45 minutes, until fluffy and just golden on top. Let cool slightly. Cut into desired pieces and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).