If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This slightly spicy soup has two types of garlic, green and regular, a healthy dose of green onions a little ginger, some lemongrass and a little chile. Great soup if you are fighting a cold (as I think I may be now...) -- as many of the ingredients have anti-inflammatory or anti-bacterial qualities. (And the chile warms you up...) - coffeefoodwritergirl
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 4 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 clove garlic – very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions (about 9 spears)
- 1 teaspoon hot chile flakes
- 32 ounces chicken stock (homemade if possible)
- 2 stems green garlic – finely chopped
- sea salt
- 2.4 ounces glass noodles (Mung Bean pasta – I like Eden Selected)
- dash of soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon grass (minced) OR 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger – minced
- olive oil
- Sauté ground turkey w/ a sprinkling of salt in enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan. Make sure to break turkey up quite a bit so you get little tiny bits of turkey.
- Chop green onion and reserve ¼ cup.
- In separate small pan sauté green onions and 2 cloves crushed garlic until tender but still bright green (about 3-4 mins.). Add to turkey with oil.
- Add chile to turkey garlic green onion mixture.
- Bring stock to a boil in large pot w/ one clove of garlic sliced thin, green garlic & lemon grass (if using lemon juice instead add it at end with meat and ginger mixture). Add glass noodles and boil for about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté ginger and additional 2 cloves crushed garlic over med. low heat until soft and tender – about 3 minutes.
- Add turkey, ginger/garlic mixture, dash of soy sauce and reserved green onions to stock and boiling noodles. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Onion or Garlic Soup
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.