If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by Bon Appétit magazine’s Grapefruit and Avocado salad, which I make a lot. Roasting unpeeled beets in a foil packet for about 45 minutes is my favorite way of cooking them, as it really retains their color and sweetness. Before roasting, trim the beets, keeping about 2” of the stems on. I keep my ginger in the freezer, and grate what I need with a microplane grater. - mrslarkin
Serves 2 or 3
- 1 roasted beet, peeled and sliced 1/8" thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon crème de cassis
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh or frozen ginger
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and cut into segments, reserving membrane for juice
- 1/2 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced 1/4” thick
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- baby lettuces
- about 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese or queso fresco (optional)
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the olive oil, crème de cassis, diced onion, ginger, vinegar and juice squeezed from orange membrane. Discard membrane.
- Arrange baby greens on platter. Then layer with beet slices, orange segments, avocado slices and red onion slices. Add crumbled cheese, if desired. Drizzle with dressing and add a touch of salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets