If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Barbados has the Dark and Stormy and now (thanks to me) Jamaica has the Red Storm. You may read the entire story of how I came up with this unusual cocktail here: http://www.sippitysup.com/jamaican-red-storm-beet-infused-cocktail —Sippity Sup (Greg Henry)
Jamaican Red Storm
- 2 ounces beet infused rum (recipe follows)
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 1 ounce dark rum, such as Meyers
- 1 beet stem trimmed of all leaves and frozen
Beet Infused Rum
- 3 small raw red beets (trimmed, peeled, and cut into quarters)
- 1 (750ml) bottle light rum
- Jamaican Red Storm: Combine the beet infused rum, and ginger beer in a tall glass full of ice cubes. Using the back of a spoon float dark rum on top and stir gently. Garnish with a frozen beet stem.
- Beet-Infused Rum: Put the beets in a pitcher or glass jar large enough to hold the beets and the rum. Pour the rum over the beets and cover the container with a lid or plastic wrap. Store the rum in a cool dark place, swirling the container at least once a day. After 3 days discard the beets, using a slotted spoon. Cover the rum tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to six months.
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.