If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I tasted these two-tone crisps, it was at a Christmas party! I love them....on their own and served with a turnip puree and mushroom sauce! I enjoy them with some salt and chilli....as a snack. The trick is getting them sliced thinly so they crisp up in a short time! —Kitchen Butterfly
- 2 Chioggia beetroots
- Peanut oil, to deep fry
- Salt and chilli pepper/cayenne, to taste
- Peel the beetroots using a vegetable peeler and slice as thinly as possible. Dry between sheets of kitchen tissue
- Heat oil up on medium heat, till hot and then fry beetroot slices, about 2 - 3 minutes till they change colour and the edges begin to turn golden
- Remove from the oil and place on some kitchen tissue, letting the oil drain, for a minute. This will allow the chips crisp up too.
- Sprinkle some salt and cayenne pepper over the top and serve
Tags: Chioggia beetroots
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.