If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple and delicious way to use garden fresh tomatoes and basil. Easier to make than gazpacho because the ingredient list is paired down to the basics... - WinnieAb
- 4 fresh tomatoes, preferably organic heirloom varieties, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon (bottled) julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients, except those for the garnish, in a blender (I use a high speed blender called a Blendtec) and process until fairly smooth. If you want it to be completely pureed, blend away until it’s the consistency you like; I personally prefer it to retain some texture.
- Pour into bowl(s) and add diced avocado and additional fresh basil to garnish, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tomato Recipe
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.