If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not so much a recipe really, more of an attempt to recreate a memory and distill the flavours of late summer into one dish by throwing together the most aromatic, fresh, ripe ingredients I could find. Watermelon feta salad is a common favourite but is sublime with the sweetness of the beetroot and orange dressing cutting through the saltiness of the feta. —Hadyourtea?
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 1 extra ripe galia melon
- 1 small sweet watermelon
- 14 ounces feta cheese
- 4 ounces pumpkin seeds
- 4 ounces black olives, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one blood oranges
- 1 beet
- 1 handful finely chopped mint
- Scatter the rocket over a large (preferably white) platter.
- Chop both melons into equally sized cubes and throw artfully on top.
- Crumble the feta over the top.
- Then toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan till they are just turning golden brown, allow to cool then throw on top of the salad.
- Juice the beet in a juicer. (or if you don't have one, throw some thinly sliced beets over the salad).
- Mix the olive oil with the orange juice, beet juice, chopped olives and mint and drizzle over the whole salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.