If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've developed a recent obsession with cannellini beans and prosciutto, using them in everything from stews to salads to the point where things are beginning to feel repetitive. Since I'm not willing to kick my cannellini and prosciutto habit just yet, I thought perhaps they could do with a makeover. Enter feta, mint, and blood oranges. Mixing feta with the cannellini keeps the texture that I like but makes the flavor much sharper and more dynamic. (A little garlic and lemon juice doesn't hurt either.) To balance the saltiness of the prosciutto, the sweet mint and blood oranges are a perfect addition amidst a little baby arugula, making what might be the most refreshing bruschetta of all time. - meredithhimelfarb
Serves a crowd
- 1 Baguette
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 c. Cooked, rinsed, dried cannelinni beans
- 1/2 c. Crumbled feta
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 8 oz. Prosiutto, sliced into small strips
- 1/4 c. Mint, chopped
- 2 Blood oranges, peeled and diced
- 1 c. Baby arugula
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 1 T. Lemon zest.
- Cut the baguette into 1/2" slices and brush a bit of olive oil on each slice. Grill the slices in a grill pan or broil for a minute or two until they are golden and crisp.
- Crush one of the cloves of garlic with the flat end of a knife and rub the clove on all the slices. Set the bread aside on a large serving platter.
- Next, add the cannelinni beans to a food processor along with the feta, remaining garlic, lemon juice, and 1/4 c. of olive oil. Pulse until the mixture is smooth, and season with a pinch of salt per your taste.
- In another mixing bowl, toss the chopped mint, baby arugula, and blood oranges together.
- Assemble the bruschette by smearing a bit of the cannellini and feta puree on each slice, topping it with a slice of prosciutto followed by a spoonful of the mint and blood orange salad. Repeat with the remaining baguette slices and sprinkle a few flecks of lemon zest on top of the bruschette for color.
- Offer them to your guests (or yourself) with a glass of prosecco.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint
Recipe of the Day
Garden Mule Cocktail
Garden Mule Cocktail
Fresh beer, anywhere.
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Go play outside!