Author Notes: This simple panini is made with Canadian bacon, spinach, Sopressata (which is an Italian charcuterie) and "The Laughing Cow" cheese which is actually just a spreadable cheese that tastes a little like a creamy, slightly sharp monterey jack and swiss combined. You could really use any cheese in this: goat; shredded mozzarella, whatever you like. You could change up the charcuterie as well: proscuitto, brasaelo, whatever you like. These ingredients listed are per sandwich so increase them as needed. - coffeefoodwritergirl
Serves as many as you would like (as an appetizer)
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 3. slices Soppresata (a charcuterie)
- handful of Spinach – julienned
- Yellow mustard
- about 4 ounces of “The Laughing Cow” (spreadable) cheese or you could use creamy goat cheese or any favorite cheese you may have.
- Heat your panini maker up (if you have one; if not, just use a pan with a little olive oil or butter in it).
- Spread cheese on both sides of bread; layer on Canadian bacon and sopressata. Ribbon yellow mustard on one side of bread. Put together and grill in panini press until cheese is melted and bread is nicely grilled – about 5-10 minutes (or grill in pan or grillpan over stovetop.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pork Sandwich
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe