If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hummus is one of my favourite foods of all time, my family eats our way through an astonishing amount of hummus each week, served with salad on flatbreads for lunch, as afterschool snack with carrots and sugarsnaps, or as late night snack with pitta bread and a glass of wine.
No matter how good some of the shop bought versions are, it never tastes as good as when you make it yourself. Hummus itself takes five minutes to throw together but produces the most beautiful dip with the addition of a couple of handfuls of fresh new season's greens and the zing of fresh lemon. —Hadyourtea?
Spinach and Lemon Hummus
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- Wash the spinach and, while still wet, throw into a heavy based pan.
- Put a lid on, turn the heat on and allow it to steam in its own liquid for a minute or two till wilted.
- Drain off the cooking liquor in the base of the pan and squeeze out the spinach to remove any remaining liquid.
- Blend the spinach with all the rest of the hummus ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread thinly across a large plate. Serve with baked pitta chips.
Baked Pitta Chips
- 4 pitta breads
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the pitta breads into small triangles. Lay out on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle a little paprika and sea salt on to each triangle.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes till fragrant and golden.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.