Author Notes: Just getting ready for summer. - thirschfeld - thirschfeld
Food52 Review: WHO: thirschfeld is FOOD52er whose photos, recipes, and writing impressed us so much, we gave him his own column.
WHAT: The perfect margarita, in our books.
HOW: Just juice, mix, and gulp. But watch yourself.
WHY WE LOVE IT: thirschfeld uses a bit less tequila and more Cointreau that the standard margarita formula, which made us think the drink might be sweet, but it's not -- it's smooth, tart, and drinkable as all get out. - Food52
Serves as many as you need
- 1 equal part fresh lemon and lime juice
- 1 part Cointreau
- 1 part favorite tequila, the more expensive the less the hangover
- So if you have 1 oz. lemon, 1oz. lime, you have 2 oz. Cointreau and 2 oz tequila. Mix all of the above, stir and serve over crushed ice.
- Crushed ice is important, trust me.
- Make sure you don't have to go to work tomorrow and enjoy.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail