If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Developed this recipe in 2004. Haven't made in ages. May need to tweak... - avantgurlnyc
Serves 12-14 cakes
Wasabi Yogurt Sauce
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water, room temperature
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- juice of one whole lemon
- black bamboo salt (available at Asian markets, or sea salt)
- Mix wasabi powder and water to a paste. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix wasabi paste with yogurt. Squeeze lemon juice and add black salt to taste. Consistency should be in between thick and thin.
- Let sit at room temperature for flavor to develop while preparing the salmon cakes.
- 28 ounces pink or red salmon, well drained (2 cans)
- 1/2 cup daikon, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shoyu (Japanese soy sauce, sweeter and less salty than Chinese soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices bread, crust removed, crumbled fine (pref. whole grain)
- 1/2 cup pancake mix or Korean Buchim vegetable pancake mix (has spices)
- oil (I like using unconventional oils, like coconut and avocado)
- Mix salmon, vegetables, soy sauce, red pepper, ginger, mayonnaise, lemon juice, eggs and bread in a large bowl.
- Spread pancake mix in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Heat frying pan on high. Lower heat to medium and add about 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out salmon mixture. Form the mixture into a patty in your hand, then dredge it lightly through pancake mix.
- Fry the patty for 5 minutes a side or until golden brown. Do not flip over too much or it may crumble. Add more oil as needed.
- Serve hot, drizzled with wasabi yogurt sauce. Good with a side salad.
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.