If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up on boxed potatoes, whether they were mashed or scalloped. After cooking for many years, I learned how to make sauces, and one of them being a nice cream sauce for scalloped potatoes. After all, I did not want my kids growing up on boxed food. - Dax Phillips
- 6 russet potatoes, skinned, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Begin by getting your sauce pot out and add the cream, garlic, and thyme in there. Cook on medium heat until it warms through. In the meantime, get started on cutting your potatoes into thin slices. This takes a bit of time, but your patience will pay off when you dig into these delicious potatoes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Butter your cooking dish.
- I like to use a classic pie dish for this, and I go about four layers in on the thinly cut potatoes, so use your judgment. Add a layer of the potatoes on the bottom, slightly overlapping the pieces. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese, then add a bit of warm cream to the top. Repeat the process three more times. Top with about a half a cup of grated parmesan cheese, making sure you cover the top of the potatoes.
- Place in the preheated oven for nearly 50-55 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the top is a nice golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before digging into them. This will allow the cream to thicken and the won’t burn your mouth when digging into them. I know it is hard to resist, but waiting pays off.
- The creaminess, along with the garlic, and great parmesan cheese really make these scalloped potatoes a top notch combination that can stand up on their own for a late night snack, but go really great with a baked ham.
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
Shop Spring Cleaning
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart