Author Notes: I wanted to make a dessert to serve with Chocolate Biscotti so I decided to try a Zabaglione--which I had never made before. My husband loves Sambuca, so I used it as the liquor in place of the traditional wine. With a biscotto, a sprinkling of pine nuts, and one perfect blackberry, it was a great dessert! - drbabs
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons Sambuca
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 blackberries (optional)
- 2 chocolate biscotti (optional)
- Put about 2 inches of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat so that water is barely simmering.
- In a stainless steel bowl that's large enough to sit on top of the saucepan without the bottom touching the water, whisk together the eggs, sugar and Sambuca.
- Place bowl over simmering water and whisk constantly for about 7-10 minutes, until it thickens and increases in volume.
- Take it off the stove, and refrigerate if desired. Spoon into glasses, sprinkle with pine nuts, and serve with a blackberry and biscotto if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Italian Dessert