If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make these as an appetizer all the time, especially when there are kids involved, as they are an all ages pleaser and easy. I vary ingredients, depending on picky taste buds and don't think I've ever made it the exactly the same as the last time. The tart of the sour cherries cuts through the gaminess of the lamb and the feta is a nice surprise. It's nothing crazy but yummy. - BrooklynBridget
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used semolina bread)
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 3/4 cups dried cherries, chopped fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- In food processor, add dried bread, rosemary, garlic and pulse until bread is crumbed and ingredients are combined.
- In mixing bowl, add lamb, egg, bread crumb mixture,lemon zest, dried cherries. Mix with hands until well combined.
- Crumble feta into lamb mixture and gently fold in with hands. Try to keep the feta in larger pieces.
- Roll into balls (about 1" diameter), put on cookie sheet, and bake on 425 for about 15 minutes or until slightly pink in center. Loosen and turn throughout cooking to retain shape.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Lamb
Tags: travels well