Author Notes: I love the idea of cookies in cereal. If you have 'failed' macarons.....feetless, cracked, and otherwise useless.....here is a GREAT recipe to put them to use, rather than in the bin! - Kitchen Butterfly
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup oat bran
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable (canola) oil
- Chopped chocolate, to taste
- Macarons/chopped cookies, to taste
- Vanilla yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. In a medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, oat bran and sugar.Make a well in the centre and pour in cream and oil and combine well.
- Transfer to a shallow baking tray and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes till ready.
- Once baked, remove and allow cool.
- When cool, add the chopped macs and chocolate. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- To serve, place some oat crunch in a bowl/glass and alternate with vanilla yoghurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast