If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up, we never had asparagus, Lord knows why. I didn't discover it until I went to college, and quickly began trying to make up for lost time. The first time I had this salad, the asparagus, peas and corn were all from cans, and I still loved it. Once I graduated to fresh asparagus, this quickly became one of my favorite summertime lunch or dinner salads or side dishes, and I have been known to eat a double order with a deviled egg on the side as an entree. You can cook the asparagus for my salads any way you choose, roasted is my favorite. - Kayb
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 ear fresh corn
- 1 cup fresh spring peas
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatos
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup parmagiano cheese, shredded
- Trim ends and peel asparagus, if needed. Put on foil-lined cookie sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast at 450 for about 8 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Shuck and silk corn and rub with butter. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave for two minutes on high. Cool and cut off kernels; set aside.
- Steam peas until just crisp-tender (about 1 minute); set aside.
- Slice tomatos and arrange slices on four salad plates. Sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Layer asparagus on top of tomatos. Toss peas and corn together and spoon over asparagus. Whisk remaining olive oil and wine vinegar, and drizzle over salads. Top with a sprinkle of Parmagiano.
- Note: Vegetables can be cooked ahead and refrigerated (or held at room temp for 2-3 hours) before assembly. If refrigerated, let them come back to room temp before assembling.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe