Author Notes: Yum. Fantastic on leftover chicken. Delicious with cheese. And of course, a great side dish with Indian food. - MrsWheelbarrow
Food52 Review: The title promises a great result and this chutney delivers deliciously. It hits all the flavor profiles that I want in one jar – sweet, spicy, and acidic. It’s a perfect combination of the sweet and velvety mango, bright cider vinegar, sweet raisins and peppery ginger. It paired well with grilled chicken, but I am looking forward to serving it with fish, in salad dressings, with cheeses and in lettuce wraps. And don’t fear that little chili pepper – you’ll love the little warmth it leaves at the end of a bite. - LLStone
Serves 5 pints
- 5 cups diced champagne mango
- 2" peeled fresh ginger, sliced
- 5 whole, tiny, hot red chilis
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large non-reactive pot, add all ingredients.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, about 25 minutes. Stir frequently to keep from sticking.
- Using standard, safe canning practices, fill sterilized, hot jars. Place one of the red chilis in each jar.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Preserves