If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yum. Fantastic on leftover chicken. Delicious with cheese. And of course, a great side dish with Indian food. - MrsWheelbarrow
Food52 Review: The title promises a great result and this chutney delivers deliciously. It hits all the flavor profiles that I want in one jar – sweet, spicy, and acidic. It’s a perfect combination of the sweet and velvety mango, bright cider vinegar, sweet raisins and peppery ginger. It paired well with grilled chicken, but I am looking forward to serving it with fish, in salad dressings, with cheeses and in lettuce wraps. And don’t fear that little chili pepper – you’ll love the little warmth it leaves at the end of a bite. - LLStone
Serves 5 pints
- 5 cups diced champagne mango
- 2" peeled fresh ginger, sliced
- 5 whole, tiny, hot red chilis
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large non-reactive pot, add all ingredients.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, about 25 minutes. Stir frequently to keep from sticking.
- Using standard, safe canning practices, fill sterilized, hot jars. Place one of the red chilis in each jar.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Preserves