If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is probably the most favorite asparagus recipe I've created, with the inspiration coming from a dish I had at Michael Chiarello's restaurant Bottega in Yountville of the Napa Valley. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! —JennT1981
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 4 eggs, soft poached
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Mexican tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl and set aside.
- Brings a large pot of salted water to a boil and add asparagus.
- Cook until bright green, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to ice bath to stop cooking and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium and add garlic.
- Cook about 1 minute before adding asparagus, Mexican tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat evenly and cook another few minutes until asparagus is still crisp but also tender and warmed through.
- Transfer asparagus to a platter and keep warm. In same skillet melt butter and add bread crumbs. Toss to coat evenly and cook until toasted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish asparagus with soft boiled egg slices and toasted bread crumbs before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
Recipe of the Day
A sandwich-inspired burger
Recipe of the Day
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Introducing the F52.
It's in the bag.