If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: "Hi Ryo Zu" means "flying dragon head". We can buy these at TOFU shop or deli. But some people who love cooking make these by themselves. —burio
Makes 6 pcs
- 1 packet of Tofu
- 1 egg
- 3 inch of Japanese yam (if you can get one)
- 1/3 carrot
- 1 small bamboo root (boiled)
- 1/2 cup green pea
- 1 tablespoon hiziki (black sea weed) if you have
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for deep fry)
- Chop bamboo root and carrot into half dice size. Put tofu on strainer and put weight on it to squeeze off water.
- Mix tofu, egg , Japanese yam with food processor until it becomes very smooth. Put the batter into a bowl, mix other vegetables with a spoon. Shape into 2inch ball size.
- Heat vegetable oil and cook the batter until it becomes brown.
- Serve with dashi soup, soy sause and ginger (not listed in the ingredients), or some dressings, try any kind of seasonings you like.
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.