Author Notes: "Hi Ryo Zu" means "flying dragon head". We can buy these at TOFU shop or deli. But some people who love cooking make these by themselves. - burio
Makes 6 pcs
- 1 packet of Tofu
- 1 egg
- 3 inch of Japanese yam (if you can get one)
- 1/3 carrot
- 1 small bamboo root (boiled)
- 1/2 cup green pea
- 1 tablespoon hiziki (black sea weed) if you have
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for deep fry)
- Chop bamboo root and carrot into half dice size. Put tofu on strainer and put weight on it to squeeze off water.
- Mix tofu, egg , Japanese yam with food processor until it becomes very smooth. Put the batter into a bowl, mix other vegetables with a spoon. Shape into 2inch ball size.
- Heat vegetable oil and cook the batter until it becomes brown.
- Serve with dashi soup, soy sause and ginger (not listed in the ingredients), or some dressings, try any kind of seasonings you like.