If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The inspiration for creating this simple dinner last night was a convergence of ideas that satisfied the resulting carb-craving from a week of Passover meals, and something to do with the three pounds of beautiful asparagus that were purchased on an impulse buy the day beforehand. (Yes, I know this photo doesn't show the fresh tarragon - oops.) - BonEllen
- 8-10 ounces penne pasta, or other short pasta
- 2 pounds fresh aparagus
- 1/2 pound frozen fresh peas
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded or shaved parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add penne. Set timer 3 minutes shorter than recommended cook time on box. Meanwhile, wash asparagus, trim off ends and cut into 1 1/2" lengths. When timer sounds, add asparagus to boiling pot of pasta and boil for two additional minutes. Add the frozen peas, return to boil, and allow to finish cooking for one more minute.
- Reserve 1/2 C of pasta water before draining everything together. Don't worry about getting all of the water out while draining. Transfer to a bowl, or back in the pot to minimize dishes, and toss with chopped tarragon, olive oil and salt & pepper. Add some reserved pasta water, or not. Serve with parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe