Author Notes: I love naan, and adding some tasty garnishes only makes it better. You can easily make this without the garlic and cilantro, if you wish. - erinmcdowell
Makes 6-8 pieces
- 1 lb all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 (7 g) package yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter, plus more for brushing
- kosher salt, as needed for garnish
- In a medium bowl (or use a mixer with a dough hook) combine the flour, salt, garlic, cilantro, and yeast. Add the water, yogurt, and butter slowly and mix to combine. Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes (3-4 in a mixer).
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and allow to rise until double in size, about 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces (6-8 depending on the size you want). Use flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Brush the rolled out dough with the butter, and cook until browned lightly on each side, 1-2 minutes per side. Finish with a sprinkling of salt. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best (Savory) Yeast Bread