If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love naan, and adding some tasty garnishes only makes it better. You can easily make this without the garlic and cilantro, if you wish. - erinmcdowell
Makes 6-8 pieces
- 1 lb all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 (7 g) package yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter, plus more for brushing
- kosher salt, as needed for garnish
- In a medium bowl (or use a mixer with a dough hook) combine the flour, salt, garlic, cilantro, and yeast. Add the water, yogurt, and butter slowly and mix to combine. Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes (3-4 in a mixer).
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and allow to rise until double in size, about 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces (6-8 depending on the size you want). Use flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Brush the rolled out dough with the butter, and cook until browned lightly on each side, 1-2 minutes per side. Finish with a sprinkling of salt. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best (Savory) Yeast Bread
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce